Student Visas

Qualification and Procedures for F-1 Student Visa Status 

Student visas provide legal means for foreign nationals to study in the U.S. There are two student categories.  The student that wishes to pursue academic studies, and/or language programs (F-1), and the student who wishes to pursue nonacademic or vocational studies (M-1)." Read Current News - Recent H-1B Visa Cap-Gap and OPT Developments F-1 STEM Extensions 17 Month"

General Requirements:

  • The student must be enrolled in a program
  • The school must be USCIS approved
  • The student must be enrolled full-time
  • The student must be proficient in English, or enrolled in classes that will lead to English proficiency
  • The student must maintain residence abroad which he/she has no intention of giving up

May 2006-DOS issues new guidelines to U.S. consulates on student visa processing.

Disclaimer: The materials in Asonye & Associates web site have been prepared to permit visitors to our web site to learn more about the services we offer. These materials do not, and are not intended to, constitute legal advice. Neither transmission nor receipt of such materials will create an attorney-client relationship between the sender and receiver. Internet subscribers and online readers are advised not to take or refrain from taking any action based upon materials in this web site without consulting legal counsel. We do not undertake to update any materials in our Web Site to reflect subsequent legal or other developments.